These are various scripts to help you monitor the health of a Linux server.
They are designed to be run from a scheduled cron job, to log information to
the syslog daemon, and put the phrase "OS-ERROR" or something similar when
an unacceptable condition is found. Many of these scripts require that you have
the syslog.pl script installed in /usr/local/bin
so they can log to the syslog daemon.
These scripts are licensed under the GPL.
- Descriptive output
- Logging to syslogd (default) or STDOUT
- returns error status to the system when an error occurs
- Verbose and descriptive error messages if something goes wrong
- Multiple debugging levels
How do I install them?
1. Download the file above into a directory in your path (i.e. /usr/local/bin)
2. Make sure the script is executable (i.e. chmod +x /usr/local/bin/script.pl)
4. Run it from a command prompt, it will either give a usage summary or log something to the syslog daemon.